On the horizon
I took this photograph after spending 6 months on the African continent and I remember that particular national park, Camdeboo National Park, was full of ostriches.
Months after I started that trip through Africa, the vegetation had changed: when I had arrived it was the rainy season and by the time I took this photograph, it was already winter, which coincides with the dry season.
I also remember, that just after photographing this ostrich that appeared on the horizon, I wrote this little story while having lunch inside the car:
And so, when on the sixth day God created the animals, when it was the ostrich's turn he said:
- You will be the largest and heaviest bird in the world but unlike most birds, you will not be able to fly.
The annoyed ostrich responded by saying:
- I don't understand why, like eagles you make me majestic, but at the same time, so similar to chickens.
To which God replied:
- Because my dear ostrich, in this life, you cannot have everything. "
- In Methacrylate: LTD ED of 3 pcs.
- On Photographic Paper: LTD ED of 25 pcs.